Nestled along the southeastern shore of the Atlantic Ocean, Brunswick and the Golden Isles is comprised of the City of Brunswick, and a string of barrier islands – Jekyll, St. Simons, Little St. Simons and Sea Island. Each with its own unique identity – quaint historic downtown Brunswick, Jekyll Island's quiet beaches of white sand, the bustling boutiques and savory cafes of St. Simons, the unbothered natural beauty of Little St. Simons, and the classic luxury of Sea Island. Each unique, yet each a part of what makes Brunswick and the Golden Isles one of the best places to call "home" in the nation.
In addition to its natural beauty, the area boasts a diverse economic mix and one of the busiest ports along the eastern seaboard. While the area continues to grow, it manages to retain its historic charm. In addition to the multi-billion dollar visitor industry; the area is also home to one of the most impressive medical hubs in the region, a well-established manufacturing base and a new four-year college. And the arts and recreational opportunities are abundant. With its magical golden marshes, moss-drenched live oaks, friendly residents and abundant sunshine; most who visit, always want to return – some as guests and others as residents.
- History http://www.glynncounty.com/brunswick/history.shtml
- Demographics – Claritas Reports
- Employment and Industries
.The largest employers in the Brunswick region are provided below:
- Southeast Georgia Health System http://www.sghs.org
- Glynn County School System http://www.glynn.k12.ga.us
- Fletc http://www.fletc.gov
- City of Brunswick http://www.brunswickga.com
- Glynn County http://www.glynncounty.org
The major sectors for employment in Brunswick are:
- Professional, scientific and technical services.
- Social services
- Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org
- Brunswick Glynn County Chamber of Commerce http://brunswickgoldenisleschamber.com/Home/tabid/38/Default.aspx
- Glynn County Tax Assessor
- Georgia Secretary of State - http://www.sos.georgia.gov
- GSCCCA http://www.gsccca.org
- Bankrate http://bankrate.com
- FDIC http://www.fdic.gov
- Federal Trade Commission – Identity Theft Site http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft//
- Financial News
- The Brunswick News
- Georgia Times Union, WSJ articles
- Community Events
South Coast Bank & Trust is actively involved in our community by participating in a variety of programs. Here at South Coast Bank & Trust it is our goal to make a difference in the communities in which we work and live. Below is a partial listing of organizations we are proud to support.
- United Way http://www.uwcga.org/CommunityPartners/Partners.aspx
- Relay for Life http://www.relayforlife.org
- American Heart Association http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/
- March of Dimes http://www.marchofdimes.com/
- Local School Sponsorships